An online journal created to seek meaning and purpose, to feel,

to dream, to discover, to spread joy and light, to love all of creation,

to glorify and magnify the Creator.



Saturday, July 2, 2011

Freedom; Not So Distant

Hi everyone! Heck, I'm extremely glad to say that I won't be taking exams for another six months or going to school for another two months. I managed to complete the 10th grade with a 92% average and the Drama award. Pretty proud of myself, my average seems to get higher by 1% every year haha! Anyways, I just came from the busiest first week of Summer ever! There isn't a day since the end of my last exam that I haven't gone out. This year, since I'm actually allowed out, I plan on making the absolute best of my Summer.

A few hours after my Math Exam, Angelica (bluelashes.blogspot.com) and I headed downtown to watch the premier of The Tree of Life here in Vancouver. The movie only plays in two theatres here, so we went all the way downtown just to see it. The movie has a 5 star rating, but I guess it really depends on the person. Since I spent the night studying, I pretty much fell asleep during part of the beginning and part of the end of the movie, but I still got a good glimpse of what it was like. The movie is really long and a little hard to understand, but the actual cinematography was beautiful. Actually, may I say Jessica Chastain is beautiful?! Everything about her is just.. oh my gosh. After reading the synopsis of the movie, I finally understood it a little better and learned to love it. If any of you plan on watching the movie, I suggest reading the synopsis first. After walking around Stadium-Chinatown for a bit, we went off to Metrotown for a little bit of window shopping. I think Zara and Chapters was where it's at. The best stores in the mall in my opinion!!


I spent the next day at my friend Emma's house for her birthday. Her yard is the most amazing thing ever! There's so much space to just roll around; It's perfect for Summer! We plan on camping out there sometime this Summer, I think? There is also an abandoned barn by her yard that I had the biggest urge to explore hahaha :)




July 1st was Canada's Birthday! My family spent Canada Day at a yearly celebration in Cloverdale. It's filled with concert performances, parades, booths, games and my personal favourite, rides!



On the same day, I attended my friend Diane's 18th Birthday party. Hooray for nights of eating, and dancing!


And.. To end of my week my cousins and I explored a small community called Steveston. It's really close to a bay, so there are a lot of people who park their boats by the harbour to sell seafood. It's a pretty small town so while our parents were out bargaining for fish, we went to a few cafes, thrift stores, book stores and gift shops in the community.








I should probably head on to bed now. I actually just came back from the longest bike ride of my life. My cousins and I went deeper into the farm area by my neighbourhood and found some pretty neat paths and such. Maybe I should take pictures next time. Why do I have a feeling the rest of my Summer is going to be jam-packed with biking?

Hope you all are doing well and having a Summer as great as mine!!

4 comments:

  1. You look so damn sweet in every picture! I love the Canada hats, haha! Canada is such an amzing country!

    Loves,
    Rowan

    www.redreidinghood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pics! I think you had a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an adorable photo diary :) Looks like you spent your weekend well! Congratulations on doing so well in school, now if I could only do that well in university.... hmmm ;)!

    P.S. You have the most infectious smile ever! <3

    ReplyDelete