An online journal created to seek meaning and purpose, to feel,

to dream, to discover, to spread joy and light, to love all of creation,

to glorify and magnify the Creator.



Tuesday, November 12, 2013

3:50

Winter has arrived early and covered my heart in a blanket of snow. It is cold. It is frozen. And it will undergo a long, long state of hibernation so that it can get the rest it needs.
My dearest heart, I am so sorry. I'm sorry for pushing you beyond what you are capable of. I'm sorry for being lenient, for being forgiving, for striving to love in a way that only God can love. I know how tired you are. I know how battered and bruised you are. And how many times you've been stepped on and kicked in the corner to collect dust. 
Stay there for as long as you need to. Although it may take some time, maybe it's safer to heal your wounds on your own. It's too dangerous to wait around for someone to hold you in their arms and warm you up. Don't wait any longer. There's no use. You can't rely on anyone. And I don't blame you for closing yourself up. 
Your cave is buried too deep in the forest and too deep in the snow for anyone to find you now. 
Come back when you're ready. If you ever will be.
Until then, Camille. 

No comments:

Post a Comment