An online journal created to seek meaning and purpose, to feel,

to dream, to discover, to spread joy and light, to love all of creation,

to glorify and magnify the Creator.



Monday, September 15, 2014


Hey Me.
This is literally just a post to me and from me, reminding myself to take the time for self-reflection every once in a while.
Call it a "Clearing My Mind" (reference to the origins of my Tumblr in grade 11) post if you may.

  • I misplaced (or someone stole) over $50 from me today and I feel oddly calm about it. Not sure whether I should be worried that I'm not worried about my own lack of responsibility. But a part of me feels like wherever that is right now, it's in whoever's hands God wants it to be in.
  • I used to think a lot. And I used to think I was insane for doing so. It seems like I don't have time to think anymore. Slightly worried about that because I like to think that opinionated-but-open-about-everything Camille is a huge chunk of my personality gone missing. And besides, positive self-reflection is so necessary in order to internalize smaller details, recognize the abundance of blessings, and highlight areas that need growth. 
  • I live in a hopeful world. Praise be to God. My current mission is to pass that on to every soul I encounter. 
  • Current Read: A Woman After God's Own Heart
  • I need to come up with 20 facts about me for Instagram. I knew myself so well 1-2 years ago. Now, when I think of myself, I see a white board that was wiped clean, with remnants of the ink that was untouched on that board for years and is now unrecognizable. 
  • My biggest aspiration in life is to be able to discover "me". In everything that I love, that I always had inside of me, in the new things that I am going to love, in the things that I don't love so much. The me that is everything He meant for me to be. And I can only do that with complete and utter freedom. 
  • Speaking of freedom, I drove alone for the first time today. Cruised down my favourite roads, with 103.5 in the background, playing every single Eagles song. I'll remember this day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment