An online journal created to seek meaning and purpose, to feel,

to dream, to discover, to spread joy and light, to love all of creation,

to glorify and magnify the Creator.



Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Maybe my movie taste isn't exactly the same as everyone else's because I actually didn't enjoy this movie all that much. Here's what I did end up relating to though.

My name is Sutter Keely and I'm 18 years old. Compared to other kids, I haven't had that many hardships. Not really. You know. Shit's happened. Stuff's happened, sure, bu, stuff always happens, right? But the real challenge in my life, the real hardship, is me. It's always been me. As long as I can remember, I've never not been afraid. Afraid of failure. Of letting people down. Hurting people. Getting hurt. I thought if I kept my guard up and focused on other things, other people... If I couldn't even feel, well, then no harm would come to me. I screwed up. Not only did I shut out the pain, I shut out everything. The good and the bad. Until there was nothing. It's fine to just "live in the now". But the best part about "now" is there's another one tomorrow. And I'm gonna start making them count. Sincerely, Sutter Keely. P.S. I don't know if this was due a long time ago. Probably was. But that's fine. It may be too late for this essay. It's not too late for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment